Writers on Wednesday: Julie McCullough

Welcome back to Writers on Wednesday, that feature where we get to meet a different author every week and take a tiny little peek into their minds and careers. This week, I am talking with Australian author Julie McCullough ...



Tell us a bit about yourself … 

I am 48, married with 2 children, Dylan 11 and Ayla 9.  I live on a small farm near Rosedale in Qld, where I breed rare chooks, and also organically produce as much of our fresh food as possible, including making cheese with our own fresh milk.  I also do Remedial Massage at home.

Tell us about your most recently published, or about to be published, book? 

It is cryptically entitled, “Of Wolves and Wildflowers” – it is a contemporary romance/thriller with some adventure and some humour, and some tastefully done sex scenes. The novel is set in various locations around Australia.  Front and back blurbs can be found on my website. It has only been available since Friday the 6th of Dec (6 days ago) but I am already getting some very positive and exciting feedback – “Loved it, couldn’t put it down. I laughed and I cried.” “The descriptive passages are amazing.” “This book should be made into a movie!!”

Tell us about the first time you were published? 

It was a short story, “Terror at the Windmill,” in the Central Qld University yearly book of short stories and poems during the 90’s. I was thrilled.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far? 

Completing my novel, redoing it years later (this year) and getting it independently published.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything? 

Promoting this one, but also starting to think about my next one – based on my family’s struggles during the early 60’s in rural QLD.

Do you have a favourite place to write? 

In the past it was on the beach or down in the bush, but these days it has to be at the computer.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why? 

Paper books.  You can see and feel them and you don’t have to worry about the batteries going flat!!!

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read? 

“Eat Right For Your Blood Type.”  It has changed my life for the better.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia? 

Hope you will enjoy my book. Some of it is set in SA too.

Links

My novel is not available in e-book form yet, but will be very soon – it may be by the time you are reading this. It can be ordered directly from me via my website and posted within Australia for $8.25 for 1 copy or 2-4 copies can go into a $13.40 satchel.  The copies are $20 each.  Print on Demand copies for readers outside of Australia can be ordered on https://www.createspace.com/4545035 It is a good sized read – just over 114 000 words.


There is much more info including the front and back cover blurbs and blogs on the website www.juliemcculloughnovels.com.au  Also you can find me on FB, just under Julie McCullough, Rosedale Qld, Australia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself