Writers on Wednesday: Jackie Barreau

Welcome to Writers on Wednesday. This week I am putting my questions to the lovely poet and author Jackie Barreau ...



Tell us a bit about yourself …

My name is Jackie Barreau I am a resident of Adelaide, South Australia and an independently published author. I am married and a mother of two beautiful daughters, also a bereaved mother of two sons. A student of life and still a work in progress. Inspired by ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

I plan to write about my life experiences, as well as those people that have inspired me along the way.

Tell us about your most recently published, or about to be published, book?

I wrote my first book ‘Through a Mother’s Eyes during 2012, and it was published in February of 2013. This book is a collection of my own poems dealing on the subject of child loss. I lost two sons back in 1998, and last year my eldest daughter was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder. I needed to channel my grief and emotions in a positive and productive way, for me this was writing.

Tell us about the first time you were published?

I was lucky enough to be published in 2001, my short story featured in an anthology ‘A Silent Love’ by Adrienne Ryan. This book deals with the subject of miscarriage, stillbirth and neo natal loss.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

Seeing my idea to write a book finally become a reality, the finished product, and connecting with other bereaved parents, some of these are authors!

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

I am about to commence work on my second book which will be an anthology of stories from other bereaved parents that have suffered child loss. I plan to publish this book in 2014. I have also been accepted as a contributor for http://www.stillstandingmag which is a privilege. This is an online magazine for parents suffering infertility and child loss.

Do you have a favourite place to write?

At my PC which is in our family room.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

I think it depends on the genre, and type of book, if it has photo’s then paper. You can’t beat reading a traditional book, but I have downloaded ebooks relating to tips on writing.

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

I loved Bryce Courtenay’s ‘Power of One’ and ‘April Fool’s Day’.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

Thanks for your support, I have had a blast and keep an eye out for my next book for more information: http://www.jackiebarreau.com/the-soul-project

Links


Amazon

Kobo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself