Think Out Loud



This week I am participating in Think Out Loud, a weekly meme hosted by Thinks Books. With this meme, book bloggers can say or post about any topic they like. So I am going to use this as an opportunity to discuss a topic that I think should have been addressed a long time ago:


That's right. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, I have a big problem with you. See, the thing is, I live in Adelaide. And not only do I live in Adelaide, but I (gasp, shock, horror,) actually dare to enjoy living in Adelaide. I also enjoy Adelaide cuisine and eating out at many of our fine restaurants such as La Trattoria and Good Life. 

Apparently, this is wrong of me. I should not be enjoying fine cuisine at all. Instead, I should be making a big deal about some semi-global chain that makes doughnuts and crying myself to sleep every single night because the closest Krispy Kreme franchise is located somewhere in Melbourne. And if I should travel to Melbourne, the point of my visit shouldn't be to absorb the local culture but to run inside one of these stores, salivate mercilessly and then purchase the entire content of the store and stuff it in my suitcase, because Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are just like, so good. In fact, I've heard that Krispy Kreme Doughnuts may even be able to establish world peace and discover a cure for cancer. 

Honestly, it's a just a doughnut. I get sick of people making a big deal out of a particular brand or product simply because it isn't available in Adelaide. Nothing screams low-self esteem like endlessly bagging your home city just because you can't find a particular brand or product. Or traveling to a whole other city to buy a bakery product that you could get practically anywhere, albeit with a different brand name on the paper bag or serviette.





Comments

Think said…
This was a fantastic Think Out Loud post! Thanks for participating and hope to see you next week.
I agree with you by the way.
Kathryn White said…
Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed writing it :-) Will definitely be back next week.
The Librarian said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Librarian said…
Never heard of Krispe Cremes but I like doughnuts

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself