Follow & Feature Friday



It's Follow & Feature Friday once again, that awesome time of week where like-minded bloggers can meet and connect. Hosted by Parajunkie's View and Alison Can Read, Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop. This week's all important question is:

Q: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?



Hmm. You know, there is an episode of Doctor Who titled the Unquiet Dead where the Ninth Doctor and Rose go back in time and meet Charles Dickens. Being a Dickens fan myself, I rather enjoyed the episode and also the conversation that the Doctor told Dickens what he thought of his books. The look on Dickens' face when the Doctor told him what he thought of The Old Curiosity Shop, (arguably, Dickens' worst book,) was one of horror and disgust. I think if I were to meet the (real) Dickens', I'd probably end up accidentally doing the same thing, and just cause a whole lot of annoyance. So maybe its best if I didn't say anything to Dickens' at all about his books. Not that time travel is a possibility, anyway.

Other than that, I'd probably warn VC Andrews to burn, hide or somehow get rid of all of her notes, because after she died, a ghostwriter would come along and release about sixty crappy novels under her name.

Comments

Yes a Dr Who fan! I love that episode too.

http://northernplunder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/04052012-follow-friday-6.html
Jamie said…
I'm a huge Dickens fan, myself! Great post!

New follower via GFC!

Here's our FF

Happy Friday!

Jamie@Addicted2Heroines
Kathryn White said…
Hey, thanks Captain Biscuits and Jamie. Will check out both of your FF posts!
hahahah you'd accidentally insult one of your favorite authors? Didn't even think of that happening. Great answer! Hope you have a good friday :)

Here's my FF!
tthepageturner said…
I'm ashamed to say I haven't read anything by Dickens, but..that will change soon I hope! :)

- New follower
Unknown said…
Go, Dickens!

I'm a new gfc follower. :) please stop by my FF if you can.

http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/05/ff-feature-and-follow-21.html
Patricia said…
Hah. I think if I was able to be in the Tardis, all I'd do was drool over the Doctor. Especially if it's 9 or 10. XD

New Follower!

Patricia // My Hop
Alison Can Read said…
Hopping through. I've never watched Doctor Who but I know that it's a show that a lot of people like. I should watch it.
My Hop
LOL. I really need to watch Doctor Who. I've only been told by about a billion people how awesome it is.

Old follower.

Thanks for commenting on my FF!
Kathryn White said…
Haha, definitely the sort of crazy thing I'd do! Will check out your FF in a moment : )
Kathryn White said…
It's never too late to start, Renu. I recommend starting with Oliver Twist, Great Expectations or A Tale of Two Cities and then work toward some of the more complex works.
Kathryn White said…
Thanks, will check it out!
Kathryn White said…
Lol, the tenth Doctor was definitely the most droolworthy of them all, but for some reason I've always been more of a fan of the ninth doctor.
Kathryn White said…
You should definitely watch some Doctor Who at some stage Alison! I first discovered the series when I was seven years old--this was in the late 1980s, when the seventh Doctor was played by Sylvester McCoy. The series was axed a couple of years later, and I grew up watching repeats and also the movie that they made in the mid-1990s. The BBC did a fantastic job of resurrecting the series ... and the darleks!

Hmm, I think I'm doing a pretty good job here of babbling about how great Doctor Who is, so maybe I should stop ...
Kathryn White said…
Where as I merely think that Doctor Who is awesome a billion times over.

Loved your FF. Congrats again on being a feature blogger this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself